Saturday, March 10, 2007

Top milk is the best

So I was reading Antoinette Pope's cookbook (she taught at Antoinette Pope School of Fancy Cookery) and she affirms my belief that top milk is best for sauces and custards, it is more stable.
So here are some recipes: Leek Pie, buy pie crust and line pan. Saute several leeks in butter. Grate really good Swiss and put in crust, top with leeks. Mix 3 eggs and 1 1/2 c milk or cream (top milk, kids), salt, white pepper, 1/4 t nutmeg pour in crust and bake at 375 for 30 min, till brown and puffy.
Eat your sweet potatoes: Peel, and cube. Saute with butter, cover pan. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, brown sugar, anything, they are so good.
I will post a recipe or Rumbledethumps next time. Rumbledethumps is the pinicle of British cooking.
We are having dinner over here tomorrow, one of grandpa's seafood feeds. I will get David to take photos. I am thinking of a curry coconut cream sauce.

No comments: